Welcome to the
Tournaments Info Page
Tournament Series Rules
* All gym sites are NON-smoking…..inside and outside! Respect facilities!
* 14 minute halves, stop clock
* Mercy rule is 25 point lead = running clock and defense behind half court
---lead must go to 17 or below to return to a stop clock.
* 5 fouls = disqualification
* 10 team fouls = bonus (1/1) – No double bonus*
* Sportsmanship – any player/coach/spectator ejected will not be allowed to return for the remainder of the event. Head coaches are responsible for their players & parents conduct. Warnings and/or technical fouls will be issued for any unsportsmanlike conduct by coaches, players, or spectators.
* Timeouts: 4 per game - 2 (60 sec) and 2 (30 sec)
* Overtime: 2 minutes & 1 ’30 sec’ timeout (no carryover). Additional overtimes are 1 min w/ 1 ‘30 sec’ timeout….repeat until winner)
* Minimum of 3 minute warmup and 3 minute halftime. 10 minute grace period shall be given if a team has less than 5 players only.
* VHSL rules apply to govern remaining game action
* Tie breaker rules = 1) head to head 2) point diff (+/- 15 max) 3) total points allowed 4) total points scored
* All girls’ teams & boys’ teams in 3rd–6th grade will use a 28.5 ball. Boys’ teams in 7th–12th grade will use a regulation size ball. Agreement from both head coaches can alter rule.
Home team: is listed first, shall wear white, provide a game ball and is responsible to provide the official scorekeeper.
Away team: shall wear a dark uniform and provide personnel to cover the clock.